To reward Estonian companies who are solution-driven to grow Estonia’s exports.
Who can apply?
All Estonian companies who export products or services with their brand (the enterprise has been established with Estonian capital in Estonia, or an Estonian enterprise which has been established on foreign capital, but the brand has been developed in Estonia) are invited to apply.
Assessment criteria and process
We ask the entrepreneurs to show (1st stage):
- Export revenue in 2021 (if you have submitted your annual report with the revenue annex to the Centre of Registers and Information System, you do not have to fill in this section)
- Added value* in 2021 (if you have submitted your annual report to the Centre of Registers and Information System, you do not have to fill in this section)
- Average number of employees in 2021 (if you have submitted your annual report to the Centre of Registers and Information System, you do not have to fill in this section)
- A list of markets with a revenue above 5% (if you have submitted your annual report with the revenue annex to the Centre of Registers and Information System, you do not have to fill in this section).
The following financial indicators are taken into account (comprising 45% of the final result):
- Total export revenue in 2021 (10%)
- Increase in export revenue 2019 vs 2021 in % (10%)
- Added value* increase per employee in 2019 vs 2021 (15%)
- The enterprise has export markets whose yearly revenue surpasses 5% of the entire export revenue. (Every market contributes 1%). (10%)
The enterprise must show a significant achievement in the following areas (comprising 55% of the final result):
- Products or services stand out in the foreign market (widely covered success stories or the number of clients using your product/service, uniqueness) (15%)
- There has been a significant technology or process development or change in the enterprise/product selection, which has impacted the financial results (10%)
- The enterprise cooperates with research and development institutions** or directly invests in research and development activities (10%)
- The enterprise has outstanding activities and accomplishments in digitalisation, sustainability, and innovation *** internally as well as societally (10%).
- The enterprise has shown flexibility and adaptability in complicated situations and during pivotal times (10%)
*Added value per employee = (personnel costs including taxes + asset depreciation + business profit) / number of employees
** Research and development (including experimental development) includes systematic creative activities designed to increase the scope of knowledge and the ability to use such knowledge to uncover new fields of technology. Activities can be classified as research and development if they fulfil five basic criteria:
• producing positively unexpected results
• transferrable and/or repeatable
For research and development, all five criteria should be simultaneously fulfilled, whether it is a constant or intermittent activity.
*** Innovation is the implementation of new and knowledge-intensive solutions and technological innovation in an enterprise – one possibility is for companies to work together with universities in conducting applied research.
Digitalisation is the implementation of automation, digital technologies, software solutions and robots to minimise the need for human intervention.
Sustainability is our journey to a cleaner, greener and more dynamic Estonia and a more successful and diverse economy, taking into consideration the needs of our society.