Support for international events
Support for organising international cultural or sporting events in Estonia and marketing them in foreign markets.
The budget of the support measure has ended, therefore the acceptance of applications has ended from 18.07 at 16.00
for which cultural or sporting events can a grant be applied for?
- the marketing activities are planned on at least one priority target market specified in the tourism development plan (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Latvia, Russia, Germany and Great Britain) and information about Estonia’s tourism
- opportunities is offered as part of the event
- the event is reported by international media
- the minimum total number of the foreign visitors (performers, competitors, journalists, team members) of the event is 500 in Tallinn or a minimum of 300 outside of Tallinn
- the event lasts for at least 2 consecutive days
- the time of the event taking place is not earlier than 4 months after the opening of the application round
- the applicant will involve a minimum of 2 small and medium-sized enterprises servicing participants of the event
- marketing materials are based on Estonia’s marketing concept
- the recipient of the grant notifies of the website visitestonia.com in its marketing channels
The grant can be applied for by a state and local authority establishment and a legal person that is registered in Estonia.
what activities are supported?
The activities of a project related to the organisation of the event are carried out within 24 months and the activities of a project related to organising a conference are carried out within 30 months from the submission of the application, but not later than by 31 August 2023.
- marketing expenses in foreign countries
- transport and accommodation expenses of persons arriving from foreign countries
- transport and accommodation expenses of the journalists of foreign countries
- expenses of international television and web broadcasts
- expenses of the technology, equipment, rent of premises
- expenses of organising and servicing the conference or event
- organising a tour introducing Estonia as a tourism destination
- expenses of organising the opening and closing event
- expenses related to collecting and analysing the visitors’ statistics and feedback
- expenses for complying with the notification obligation of structural support
- expenses for using the Estonian marketing concept
assist for applicant
Application for support can be submitted by legal persons registered in Estonia (company, nonprofit organisation or public authorities) and application for support must be in Estonian.
To apply, please follow the instructions on the Estonian support website