Support for international events
Support for organising international cultural or sports events in Estonia and marketing them in foreign markets.
An international sports event is an international public event or competition in any sports, which follows the regulations or the rules of the code of conduct of the sport.
An international cultural event is an international public event whose purpose is to introduce and promote culture.
The application period is open from September 5, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. to October 16, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
For which cultural or sports events can a grant be applied for?
- the marketing activities are planned on at least one foreign market specified and contains information about Estonia’s tourism
- opportunities is offered as part of the event
- the event is reported by international media
- the minimum total number of the foreign visitors (performers, competitors, journalists, team members) of the event is 400 in Tallinn or a minimum of 200 outside of Tallinn
- the event lasts for at least 2 consecutive days
- for which marketing activities are carried out in at least two foreign markets and that include providing information about tourism opportunities in Estonia;
- the organisation of which follows the principles of sustainability, accessibility, gender equality and equal treatment;
- whose marketing channels (website, Facebook page, etc.) and venue refer to visitestonia.com, a website introducing Estonia;
- for which the grant application has been submitted at least four months before the start of the conference.
- The earlier start date of the project activities may be the application submission date and the activities must be carried out within 24 months, but by no later than 31 October 2029.
The grant can be applied for by a state and local authority establishment and a legal person that is registered in Estonia.