International conference grant
We support the organisation of international conferences in Estonia and their marketing in foreign markets to increase the number of foreign visitors with higher purchasing power in Estonia and to increase recognition of Estonia as a tourist country in foreign markets.
The application round is opened from 1. February 2024. Grant applications can be submitted until 4. March 2024 at 16:00
What conferences are applicable for the grant?
You can apply for the grant for a conference:
- that is a scientific, professional or interest-related international gathering with presentations and discussions or international meeting of representatives of countries, organisations or agencies to discuss sectoral topics and resolve issues.
A training, study trip, competition, trade fair, work meeting, information day or exhibition are not considered as conferences;
- whose programme lasts at least two consecutive days and includes topical content of the conference on at least two days;
- that has at least 200 foreign participants if the conference is held in Tallinn or at least 100 if the conference is held elsewhere in Estonia;
- for which marketing activities are carried out in at least two foreign markets and that include providing information about tourism opportunities in Estonia;
- the organisation of which follows the principles of sustainability, accessibility, gender equality and equal treatment;
- whose marketing channels (conference website, Facebook page, etc.) and venue refer to visitestonia.com, a website introducing Estonia;
- for which the grant application has been submitted at least four months before the start of the conference.
- The earlier start date of the project activities may be the application submission date and the activities must be carried out within 24 months, but by no later than 31 October 2029.
The grant can be applied for by a state and local authority establishment and a legal person that is registered in Estonia.
What qualifies for a grant?
- marketing activities in foreign countries
- transportation and accommodation expenses of persons arriving from foreign countries, who are involved in the organisation of the conference
- costs related to the organising and conducting of the conference
- costs related to the attendee statistics of the conference and collecting and analysing feedback
- costs of compliance with the notification requirements for receipt of support from the Cohesion Policy 2021–2027 fund
- value added tax can be included in eligible costs if it is not recoverable under the Value Added Tax Act